- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1/2 cup 15% fat cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch, dissolved in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) cold water
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cardamom pod, ground
- 3-4 cups raisins
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix the cream and maple syrup and gently heat.
- While stirring, add the dissolved corn starch and leave to thicken.
- Add the orange zest and cardamom.
- Pour over the raisins.
This sauce goes well with any of your favourite fruits. It is particularly tasty with strawberries, blueberries, apples, peaches and apricots. You can also use it in fondues.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!