- 6 fresh, ripe Ataulfo mangoes, washed, peeled, and sliced
- 2 1/4 cups fine maple sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a saucepan, combine the mangoes, maple sugar, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and leave to macerate in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, bring to a boil for 15 minutes*.
- Mix with an electric mixer and put into sterilized jars.
YIELD: 4 jars
MACERATION TIME: Overnight
STORAGE: Keeps in a dark place for several months. Once opened, store in the fridge.
* Tip to see if the jam is ready: In the fridge or a cool place, put a drop of the cooked jam on a plate. It should set slightly.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!