- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Empire apples or 2 pears, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans or other nuts, toasted and coarsely crushed
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice and cut fruit, coating well to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, mix together water, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, then incorporate milk and maple syrup.
- Pour hot oatmeal into bowls and top with reserved fruit and nuts. Serve right away.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!