- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 clementines, quartered
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 packet of non flavoured gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine all ingredients except for gelatin and cold water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crush the cranberries using a wooden spoon.
- In a bowl, soak the gelatin in a little cold water for 3 minutes. Add gelatin to chutney while it’s still hot and mix well.
- Pour into small jars and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- For a smoother version, pour the chutney mixture into a blender and then strain through a small sieve.
Chilling time: 5 hours
Serve this delectable chutney with terrines, cheese and charcuterie platters, meat roasts, and certainly with your Christmas turkey.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!