- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups plain bran cereal (such as All-Bran)
- 2 mangoes, cubed
- 2 cups Mediterranean style plain yogurt
- Maple sugar (for decoration)
- In a saucepan, pour maple syrup and add cocoa. Mix well and cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cereal.
- In 4 glass dishes (dessert bowls, mini Mason jars or other), preferably wider than higher, assemble “shepherd’s pie” in successive layers: cereal mixture for meat, mango cubes for corn, and yogurt for mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with maple sugar and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!