Foie Gras Stuffed Maple Water Poached Pears
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Starters
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 6 firm pears
- 4 cups NAPSI-certified maple water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp French shallot, minced
- 1 cup whole pistachios, shelled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 4 1/2 oz duck fois gras pâté
- Fleur de sel
- Peel the pears, taking care to keep the stems attached. Using a melon baller, remove the cores through the bottoms of the pears.
- Combine pears, maple water, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the pears. Remove pears and set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the cooking liquid and reduce over medium heat until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat, add the olive oil and shallot, then whisk until smooth. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Wet the pistachios in the egg white, then coat them generously with maple sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Just before serving, line plates with microgreens.
- Stuff pears with foie gras pâté, arrange them on the microgreen nests and drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pistachio crisps and fleur de sel.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!