- 3 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 quarter of a watermelon, cut into cubes of about 2.5 cm (1 in.)
- 1 block Halloumi cheese, about 160 g (1/3 lb), cut into cubes of about 2.5 cm (1 in.)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Soak 4 – 8 (depending on their length) bamboo skewers in water.
- Combine maple syrup, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
- Place watermelon and halloumi cubes into the marinade and toss gently to coat well. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Oil the grill.
- Thread the skewers, alternating watermelon and halloumi cubes. Keep the marinade.
- Grill the brochettes for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes to colour all 4 sides. Remove from barbecue. Brush with marinade and sprinkle with basil. Serve.
Ideal with cocktails, as an appetizer, or as a side to grilled meats.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!