- 6 2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Perform the steps in the “Method for Preparing Jars and Lids,” found here.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Use a wooden spoon to mash to the desired texture.
- Distribute jam among the hot, sterilized jars up to 2 cm (7/8 in) from the top. Use a non-metallic utensil to release air bubbles.
- Follow Steps 1 – 6 of the “Canning Method,” found here.
YIELD: 4 – 250 ml (1-cup) jars or 8 – 125 ml (1/2 cup) jars.
KEEPS FOR: One month in the fridge, once opened.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!