- 1/2 cup Arborio rice (or short-grain white rice), uncooked
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the skim milk powder.
- Heat over medium heat until it reaches a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in skim milk powder.
- Let cool. Serve warm or cold, topped with berries and sprinkled with muesli, if desired.
Per 125 ml (½ cup) serving
Calories: 212 Carbohydrate (g): 45 Protein (g): 8 Fat (g): 0 Fibre (g): 1
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!