- 2/3 cup 35% cooking cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fine maple sugar
- 3 tbsp maple flakes
- Warm the cream in a saucepan. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the maple syrup and, off the heat, add the mixture to the cream. Return the pan to low heat and thicken the mixture, being careful not to boil it. Allow to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites with the cornstarch, gradually adding the maple sugar until peaks form.
- Divide the egg whites among four cups so they are three-quarters full. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Pour the maple cream into four shallow bowls, top with the cooked egg whites, and sprinkle with maple flakes.
NOTE: Snow eggs can also be poached in milk.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!