Maple Salmon Tartare
Fish and Seafood / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 1 1/2 lb fresh salmon, skinless
- 4 tsp shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp maple sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Use a sharp knife to cut the salmon into small cubes. Place them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, maple sugar, and olive oil. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Take the salmon out of the fridge. Add the shallot mixture to it, then the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Serve immediately with a green salad and croutons.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!