- 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 apples, quartered
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 pinch of celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of marinade
- 5 oz of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Arrange the kebab ingredients on skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, onions and apples.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a dish large enough to fit 4 kebabs.
- Place the kebabs in the dish and coat with marinade. Let sit for approx. 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high. Remove the kebabs from the marinade.
- Reserve 250 ml (1 cup) of the marinade and set aside.
- Barbecue the kebabs for 7 minutes*. Turn them over, baste with marinade and cook for another 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade in a casserole. Add cranberries and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the kebabs.
* You can also broil the kebabs on the top oven rack, or cook them in a regular oven for 30 minutes, or until done.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!