- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 of salt
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted cold butter
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, salt and maple sugar). Incorporate butter using a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix and form dough into a ball.
- Flour a work surface, then pat or roll dough to a 2 cm (3/4 in) thickness. Using a 6-cm (2 1/2-in) cookie cutter, cut out 10 dough rounds, then transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let dough rise 30 minutes in a draft-free place.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Bake bannock 30 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!