- 6 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 210 °C (425 °F).
- Half each unpeeled banana lengthwise and line all of them in an ovenproof dish (peel down).
- In a casserole, mix lime juice, apple juice, unsalted butter, mapple syrup and cinnamon. Cook at high heat and bring to a boil. Pour mixture over bananas. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve by placing 2 banana halves on each plate and top with cooked juice mixture. You can also serve it with a scoop of ice cream.
Remember: Bananas turn brown very quickly. Once sliced, cook them promptly.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!