- 4 cups Québec strawberries
- 1/2 cup et 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 mint leaf or edible flower, for garnish
- Rinse strawberries in cold water, keeping the hulls intact.
- Pour maple syrup into a skillet. Bring to a boil, then add the strawberries.
- Cook, stirring gently. Once cooked, deglaze with the balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange on a plate and garnish with the mint leaf or edible flower.
KEEPS FOR: 4 – 5 days in the fridge.
NOTE: Keep a close eye on the cooking process, as the amber syrup will caramelize quickly.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with moist maple cake (find recipe on this website), thinly sliced and toasted.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!