Hot Maple Cider
Alcoholic beverage / Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 cup of cider *
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 4 to 5 thin slices of fresh, peeled ginger
- 5 grains of allspice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- 1 quarter of a lemon
- Finely grated maple sugar and cinnamon (garnish for glass)
- Heat cider and spices in a casserole. Let boil for 5 minutes. Add maple syrup. Remove from heat.
- Rim a glass or cup by running the lemon along its outside edge. Dip the wet rim into a mixture of grated maple sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the spices from the cider and maple syrup mixture. Pour mixture into the glass (or cup). Use cinnamon stick for garnish.
* For children, use apple juice.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!