- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ice cider
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
Maple Italian Meringue
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry sorbet, softened
- 1 cup sparkling cider
- Put 4 large glasses in the freezer.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, ice cider and mint. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the maple syrup without stirring until a candy thermometer registers 115 °C (240 °F). To keep the caramel from bubbling up and overflowing, put a wooden spoon in the saucepan.
- In a bowl, add the egg whites, the cream of tartar and the vanilla, then make the meringue by slowly pouring in the boiling maple syrup while beating with an electric mixer on high speed. Spoon in the strawberry sorbet.
- Place the reserved strawberries in each of the frozen glasses, then add the maple and strawberry meringue.
- Fill with sparkling cider and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!