- 2 frozen bananas, peeled, in chunks
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5-6 mint leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1/4 cup maple flakes
- Using an electric mixer, purée all bar ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into frozen bar moulds and close to insert sticks. Freeze at least 4 hours before coating.
- In a small saucepan or microwave, melt coconut oil and chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a cup or glass just larger than the diameter of the frozen bars. Let cool.
- Pour maple flakes onto a small plate.
- Dip each frozen bar into the chocolate mixture, turning to coat completely. Allow excess to drip off.
- Dip top third of each bar into the maple flakes, making them stick all around.
- Enjoy immediately or put in a container and back into the freezer.
FREEZING TIME: 4 hours
YIELD: 8 frozen bars
* Make sure to have more than enough chocolate sauce so the bars can be fully dipped into it. Save what you don’t use on, for example, ice cream, fruit, or cake.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!