- 2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 egg yolks
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the cream to steaming.
- Mix the maple syrup with the egg yolks, and pour it into the cream. Stir well, making sure the mixture is hot. Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 minutes on the counter.
- With ice cream maker: Spin the cream mixture in the ice cream maker for 20 – 30 minutes, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze at least 45 minutes and serve.
- Without ice cream maker: Chill in the freezer for 2 hours or until it’s quite cold. Place in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip to a thick texture. Transfer to a freezer-ready container and allow to set.
RESTING TIME: 30 minutes
FREEZING TIME: 45 minutes – 2 hours
NOTE: This quick ice cream keeps up to 1 month in the freezer.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!