- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 small lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup puffed wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add liquid ingredients and chia seeds. Bring to a boil, then simmer 8 – 10 minutes.
- Mix the puffed wheat and quinoa in a bowl.
- Pour in the hot liquid, add the lemon zest, and mix well.
- Stuff mixture into the molds of silicon ice cube trays or shape into little balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 2 hours and they’re ready to go!
YIELD: 10 balls or squares
Can be frozen.
Nutritional Value per Portion (2 pieces)
Calories: 110 kcal
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fibre: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!