- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp orange flower water (optional)
- 1 pear, washed, cored, and grated
- Butter, for cooking
- Blend flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer at high speed, beat the eggs and maple sugar for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has tripled in volume.
- Reduce the speed. While still mixing, add in half the milk and the orange flower water (if desired), then the flour mixture. Add the rest of the milk. Use a spatula to stir in the pear. Leave to rest 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low. When it’s hot, brush with butter.
- For each pancake, pour about 80 ml (1/3 cup) of dough into the pan. (Cook 2 or 3 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.)
- Cook pancakes about 2 minutes per side. Turn when bubbles appear in the centre or the edges start to brown.
- If not serving pancakes right out of the pan, transfer to a plate and keep warm in a 100° C (200° F) oven.
RESTING TIME: 10
You can prepare these pancakes in advance. They’ll keep up to 4 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. When ready to use, simply reheat in the microwave or toaster.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!