- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put the potatoes in a casserole, cover with water and add salt.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid. Return liquid to the casserole along with potatoes. Mash.
- Add maple syrup and condiments. Mix well.
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
* Delicious with grilled lamb, pork stew and veal croquettes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!