- 4 yellow potatoes, scrubbed and cut into sticks
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups cheese curds
- Position the rack low in the oven. Preheat to 230° C (450° F).
- Put the potato and sweet potato sticks into a large bowl. Add the oil and toss with your hands to coat.
- Spread evenly on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper or on silicone baking sheets.
- Place in oven and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Flip sticks over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute, stirring. Pour in the broth, stirring constantly. Stir in the maple sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking over low heat, stirring regularly, for 3 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Divide the oven fries onto plates, top with cheese curds, and cover with sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!