- 5 large potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter (to butter the oven dish)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter in knobs
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Fill a large pot with salted water and cook the potatoes. Drain.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and mash. Add the cheese, sour cream, and maple syrup. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Butter a large oven-proof dish and put in the mashed potato mixture, spreading evenly.
- Lightly beat the egg and brush the potato mixture with it.
- Cover with a layer of breadcrumbs, dot with knobs of butter, and bake for about 30 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!