The Maple Daiquiri
Alcoholic beverage / Beverages
Created by Patrice Plante Mixologist
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- House rim (equal parts maple flakes, fleur de sel, and fine maple sugar*)
- 3 strawberries
- 3/4 oz maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 3/4 oz white rum
- 1/4 oz white crème de menthe
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint (to garnish)
- Moisten the rim of a short glass with the lime juice and dust with your house rim.
- Mash the strawberries with the maple syrup in your shaker.
- Add the rum and crème de menthe.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake until it feels freezing to your fingers.
- Drop an ice cube into your glass.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into the glass.
- Garnish with mint.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Use a 300 ml (10 oz) old fashioned glass.
* At holiday time, use crushed Christmas canes instead of maple sugar for the rim.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!