- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 tbsp maple sugar mayonnaise or store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp maple vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large (clear, if possible) bowl, arrange the cabbages in layers. Add the pumpkin seeds, celery, and green onions on top. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend the mayonnaise, maple vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, pour the vinaigrette on the salad and mix.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!