- 2 cups your choice of mixed fresh herbs: mint, rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.
- 2 cups fresh parsley or parsley stems, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped coarsely
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped coarsely
- 4 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 cup canola or sunflower oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and macerate in the fridge for 4 – 5 days.
- Put the salted herbs into 8 jars. Keep refrigerated.
YIELD: 8 – 125 ml (1/2 cup) jars
MACERATION TIME: 4 – 5 days
NOTE: This maple-flavoured salted herb preparation will keep easily for up to 4 months in the fridge. Use it to perk up your sandwiches and burgers and pasta and rice dishes, or as a marinade for pork, chicken, and fish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!