- 3/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 1/2 oz rum
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup ((preferably golden syrup, for its delicate flavour)
- 12 oz dried figs and prunes
- 10 oz red wine
- Bring cream to a boil in a pot, add milk and maple sugar, heat until dissolved, and add rum. Add gelatin sheets that have been soaked in water and heat until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a mold through a strainer. Cool slightly and chill in a refrigerator until set.
- Put dried fruit, red wine, and maple syrup in a pot. Stew for about 20 minutes and let the mixture cool.
- Remove the panna cotta from mold, plate, pour of maple syrup over, and top with the mix of fruit, wine and maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!