Maple rib roast
Beef / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 5 lbs rib roast, bone in
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly black pepper, roughly ground
- Store-bought bordelaise sauce
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a roasting pan, place the roast, with the bones side up. Using a knife, make incisions in the fat. Season the entire surface with salt and pepper. Cover the ends of the bones with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, combine maple sugar, mustard and baste the roast with the mixture.
- In another bowl, combine herbs and pepper and season the entire roast.
- Roast for 30 minutes to sear the meat. Reduce temperature to 150 °C (300 °F) and cook for another 2 hours for rare doneness.
- Wrap the roast in aluminum foil and let sit for 10 minutes prior to carving.
- Serve with bordelaise sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!