- 1 800-g (1 3/4-lbs) beef filet (ask your butcher for a midsection cut)
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 3 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Baste your BBQ grill with vegetable oil and preheat to high.
- Mix maple sugar, spices, Worcestershire sauce and oil in a bowl. Roll the meat in the sauce mixture.
- Brown the meat on the BBQ giving it a quarter turn every two minutes for beautiful grill markings.
- Once browned, reduce heat to the minimum setting, close the grill cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the meat once more halfway through. Use a meat thermometer for the perfect doneness. For rare meat, the temperature should be at 60 °C (140 °F), for medium, 68 °C (155 °F), and for meat that’s well done, 77 °C (170 °F).
- Remove from heat, loosely cover with aluminum foil and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- Season the filet mignon in the same way as for the BBQ method.
- Heat an oven proof pan over medium high. Sear the filet well on all sides.
- Place in oven and roast uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes for each 450 g (1 lb) of meat, until the desired doneness is obtained (see doneness temperatures above).
- Remove from oven, loosely cover with aluminum foil and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve with steamed vegetables and a lovely potato mash.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!