Maple Strawberry Silken Tofu
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Smoothies
Created by Stéphanie Côté Nutritionist
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 300 g (300 ml) silken tofu or traditional sweetened dessert
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup, for its rich flavour)
- 2 tbsp chia or camelina seeds
- 1 lime, zested
- Use a food processor (or other type of electric mixer) to blend 300 g (2 cups) of the strawberries, the tofu, maple syrup, chia (or camelina) seeds, and the lime zest until smooth.
- Pour into a lidded bowl or four small containers. Slice remaining (150 g [1 cup]) strawberries on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour: the chia (or camelina) seeds will hydrate into a velvety texture. If you leave it longer, it will lend a pudding texture to it.
REFRIGERATION: At least 1 hour
KEEPS FOR: 5 days in the fridge
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!