- 1 – 23 cm (9 in) shortcrust pastry
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- Maple nuggets or maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 190° C (375° F), rack in lower position. Line a 23 cm (9 in) pie plate with the shortcrust pastry and set aside.
- In a saucepan, boil the sweet potatoes until tender, 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor, puree sweet potatoes, maple syrup, and spices until smooth.
- Add the butter and eggs, and blend until smooth.
- Pour this filling onto the crust. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the filling is just set. Verser cette garniture dans le fond de la croûte. Cuire au four environ 35 minutes ou jusqu’à ce que la garniture soit tout juste prise.
- Let cool, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Serve each piece of pie topped with the whipped cream and the maple nuggets or maple sugar.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!