- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1 tablespoons turmeric
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup 35% cooking cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fleur de sel and fresh ground pepper
- 12 large scallops
- Fresh cilantro, snipped (to garnish)
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter with the apples and turmeric. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze with the maple syrup and reduce by half. Add the cream, adjust the turmeric seasoning, and add the chopped cilantro. Simmer over very low heat for about 2 minutes to achieve a nice cream.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Salt and pepper the scallops to taste and place them, one by one, in the pan. Cook about 2 minutes on each side to give them a nice colour.
- Spoon the cream onto individual plates, arrange the scallops on top, and sprinkle with the snipped cilantro.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!