- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 yellow zucchini, sliced
- 2 green zucchini, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 fresh roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a large frying pan, fry the onions in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil, the vinegar and maple syrup. Leave to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper. Set the caramelized onions aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the zucchini, the rest of the olive oil and the herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof dish, approximately 23-cm (9-in) in diameter (or in 6 ramekins), place the vegetable slices over each other in a fan shape, alternating between zucchini, tomatoes, and caramelized onions.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 45 minutes (or 30 minutes if using ramekins).
- Sprinkle with parmesan and continue baking for a further 10 minutes (or 5 minutes if using ramekins).
- This is a delicious side to go with meat or fish.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!