- 1 1/2 tbsp camelina or chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- One pinch ground cardamom or star anise (optional)
- Grind the camelina (or chia) seeds in a well-cleaned coffee or spice grinder.
- Mix the ground seeds with the maple syrup in a small bowl and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberries and lemon juice in a medium bowl and crush with a fork. For a smoother jam, use a blender to reduce to a purée.
- Stir in the seed-maple syrup mixture. Add the cardamom or star anise, if desired.
- Pour all into a lidded jar. Let stand in the fridge for 2 hours so it turns into a jelly.
RESTING time: 120
YIELD: 440 ml (1 3/4 cup)
This jam will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge or 4 months in the freezer.
Any berry will work in this recipe: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, etc.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!