- 2 teaspoons neutral gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 1% milk (enough to make froth)
- Fine maple sugar
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 2 and set aside.
- Mix cream and maple syrup in a small heavy pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the chocolate and egg yolks.
- Heat the reserved gelatin for a few seconds in the microwave and add to the pot.
- Pour the maple-chocolate cream into glasses, bowls or ramekins. Allow to set.
- Top with milk froth and fine maple sugar.
You can substitute milk chocolate for the dark bittersweet. Enjoy this dessert with a well-chilled ice cider.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!