Duck Manchons (Drumettes) with Maple Syrup
Duck / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Starters
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 20 duck manchons (duck drumsticks – ask your butcher)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilies
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1/2 cup water
- Thyme and rosemary, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for maple syrup and water), cover and marinate in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large roasting pan, combine maple syrup and water, add the marinated duck manchons along with the marinade, cover with aluminum foil and roast for 4 hours.
- Serve manchons on a large platter and garnish with thyme and rosemary.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!