Duck Confit in Maple Water Aspic
Duck / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Starters
Featuring Maple Water
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups Maple water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (diced)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 confit duck legs without the skin, meat removed from bones and shredded
- 1 1 cm (1/2 in) slice ham, cut in strips
- Oil a 20×10-cm (8×4-in) terrine or bread pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let soften 5 minutes.
- Heat maple water in a saucepan. Add gelatin and heat until gelatin dissolves.
- In the terrine, combine vegetables, salt, pepper, duck and ham. Add maple water. Chill about 8 hours.
- Unmould and slice with a very sharp knife dipped in hot water.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!