- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pure NAPSI-certified maple water
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 (8 oz) container button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 confit duck legs, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp maple flakes
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken broth with the maple water. Keep warm.
- In another saucepan over medium heat, sauté the shallot in the butter. Add the rice and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat them in butter. Deglaze with the white wine and add the squash cubes. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the wine has evaporated.
- Ladle in the maple-chicken broth, 125 ml (1/2 cup) at a time, stirring until the broth is completely absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Repeat until all the broth is added, about 20 – 25 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!