Gluten-Free Maple-Chia Chewy Bars
Granola Bars / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Sugar
- Coconut butter or oil (for the pan)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup dried fruits and/or berries, your choice (cranberries, raisins, etc.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds, crushed
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond milk or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Line a 28 x 20 cm (11 x 8 in) rectangular pan with parchment paper, enough to hang over the edges to simplify removal. Oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (chia, oats, maple sugar, dried fruits and/or berries, almonds, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon). Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the coconut oil and almond milk or orange juice.
- Spread the mixture in the pan and press down very firmly. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes, then cut into bars in the pan. Remove and allow to cool completely.
NOTE: These bars keep in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 week.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!