Maple Rice Squares
Granola Bars / Recipes with Maple Sugar / Recipes with Maple Syrup / Recipes with Maple Water
Created by Stéphanie Côté Nutritionist
Featuring Maple Water
- 2 cups maple water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 cup sticky (sushi) rice, uncooked
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins*
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the maple water, maple syrup, and rice to a boil. Cover, with the lid slightly askew. Reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add more maple water, if needed.
- Meanwhile, cube the cheese and allow to soften at room temperature.
- Remove pan from heat. Add all ingredients to the rice and stir well.
- Line a 20 cm (8 inch) square pan with enough plastic wrap to fold over the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the pan and fold the plastic over, pressing down to compact it.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Cut into 15 squares and wrap individually in aluminum foil.
REFRIGERATION TIME: 4 hours or, ideally, overnight
YIELD: 15 squares
STORING: Wrapped rice squares keep for 1 week in the fridge and 2 – 3 months in the freezer.
* People with more active lifestyles can add 3 g (1/2 tsp) salt in the cooking process and 30 g (1/4 cup) more raisins to the recipe.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!