- 4 small eggplants
- 6 oz halloumi cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Preheat your barbecue or grill with the heat set to high. Oil the grills.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, and make a horizontal cut in the flesh.
- In a large bowl, add the halloumi slices, steak seasoning, garlic, vinegar, olive and maple syrup, and mix well.
- Turn the barbecue’s heat down to low.
- Place the eggplant flesh side down on the grill and leave to brown for 5 minutes. Turn the eggplants over and put the halloumi slices on top.
- Close the barbecue lid and bake for 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix the mint and shallot together and scatter over the stuffed eggplants.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!