- About 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 3 tbsp water
- Gelatin sheets (amounting to 14 g)*
- If desired, fine maple sugar for garnish
- Combine the liquids in a saucepan, bring to the boil, and remove from heat.
- Soften gelatin in cold water, then stir into the maple syrup mixture.
- Pour into very small (approx. 1 x 2 cm) silicon moulds, in teddy-bear or other shapes.
- Refrigerate 2 hours and pop out of moulds
- Sprinkle with fine maple sugar, if desired.
* Gelatin is usually found in boxes of six sheets totalling 10 g. You’ll need eight and a half sheets for this recipe.
REFRIGERATION: 2 hours before removing from moulds
KEEPS FOR: 3 or 4 days in the fridge
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!