- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons teaspoons maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 400-gr (14 on) can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 800-gr (28 on) can of white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, cooked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lb linguine pasta, cooked & oiled
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and cook onion until soft. Add garlic and stir to soften.
- Stir in maple syrup and tomatoes. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and arugula and cook on low heat until arugula wilts. Add a little water if mixture gets too thick. Stir in shrimp.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with pasta and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!