- 4 cups maple water*
- 9 oz 1 package of corn pasta noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into small cubes
- Salt and ground pepper
- Fine herbs, to taste, for decoration
- Bring the maple water to a boil in a saucepan and add the corn noodles to cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Add the sesame paste, lemon juice, chives, tarragon, and avocado.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and put the noodles back in for 1 minute to reheat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve in soup plates.
- If desired, sprinkle with fine herbs.
* No maple water on hand? Substitute with 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour) mixed with 900 ml (3 3/4 cups) water to cook the pasta. This recipe, however, is best made with maple water.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!