- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry green or brown lentils
- 1 cup maple water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian spices
- 6 dry lasagna noodles*
- Herbs (optional)
- In a large saucepan over high heat, brown the ground meat in the oil for 3 minutes, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the celery, carrot, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, maple water, and broth. Stir, cover, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Add more maple water or broth if needed.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and break the lasagna noodles into pieces directly into the pan. Stir, cover, and simmer over medium heat 15 – 20 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked. If desired, sprinkle with herbs.
* You can also use mini lasagna noodles (mafalda) or another short pasta: about 150 g (5 oz).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!