- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the apricots and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the fruit is very soft.
- Add the maple syrup and salt, then puree using a food processor or hand blender. Add as much water as needed to create a more liquid texture. Leave to cool.
- Transfer to a flexible container that can be used during your workouts and competitions!
Energy gels are a source of carbohydrates and therefore provide a quick energy boost when you need it most. This homemade version contains natural ingredients and 30 g of carbohydrates, the same as store-bought gels. When training for more than 60 minutes, the recommendation is to eat between 30 g and 60 g of carbohydrates per hour. One or two servings of this recipe are ideal for longer workouts. You can experiment with other dried fruit or fresh fruit to find your favourite combination. Per portion: 118 calories; 1 g protein; 0 g fat; 30 g carbohydrates; 1 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!