- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup dry, non-sweetened cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Zest from 1 orange
- 1 Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- All-purpose flour, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 190 ˚C (375 ˚F).
- In a bowl, combine oil, eggs, and maple sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix to obtain a consistent, sticky mixture.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls and put on a lightly floured work surface.
- Form 2 cylinders and put them on a greased and lightly floured (or laid out with waxed paper) cookie sheet, and flatten slightly using your fingers.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice the flattened cylinders across to form biscotti.
- Place them on a cookie sheet, leaving a space between each one and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!