- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 450 g (1 lb) vacuum pack of gnocchi
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves, chopped, to taste
- Parmesan, grated or flakes, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for a few seconds. Add maple syrup and gnocchi, reduce heat, and caramelize for 5 minutes or until gnocchi is crisp and Golden. Stir often to ensure all sides are nicely caramelized.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes while stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with basil leaves and garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!