- 1 cauliflower (about 650 g or about 7 cups), in florets
- 1 can (540 ml/19 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Put cauliflower, beans, broth, maple syrup, and garlic in a pot. Season with pepper and salt to taste. (Better to add salt at the end of cooking unless you’re using salt-free or home-made broth.)
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes or until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the cauliflower.
- Remove from heat. Add the milk, parmesan, and nutmeg. Use a stand or hand blender to purée until smooth. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve in bowls. Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!